Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Monday, October 29, 2012

Restricted by Sandy

     As virtually everyone knows by now, nearly the entire east coast has been battered by the hurricane/tropical storm Sandy for the past 24 hours and it's still going on as I write this.  Thankfully we've been totally safe and still have our power, unlike so many others.  Needless to say, it was a day spent inside, though at least it was with good friends.  With little to no chance to interact with the outside world other than through the internet, it seemed like a good day to send a book to someone.
     The other night I was with a fellow business person and I was telling him about a book that I thought he'd enjoy and get some value from.  As is typically the case, we sometimes intend to read books we hear about but then don't get around to picking them up.  Today I decided to send this person the book I had recommended to him.  Thankfully, Amazon makes this easier than ever.  He should have it by next week and I'm sure he'll appreciate its wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment