Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Keeping the Letters Going

     I was tied up most of today and didn't have as many opportunities as I sometimes do to spread some extra kindness.  However, I did have a chance this evening to send another note to my soldier in Afghanistan.  He is anxiously awaiting formal orders to depart (literally any day) and begin his journey home.  I can only imagine how difficult that is to wait around, not knowing exactly when you'll be leaving.  I suppose that's the way the army works, though.  In any case, he still has access to the internet, and so we still have the ability to write to each other.  Just about 4 1/2 weeks till he visits me in NJ.  Until then, I'll keep on writing . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment