Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Presenting a Seminar

     I was in Atlanta today presenting a seminar for the clients of a friend of mine.  My friend runs an employee benefits organization that's been (and continues to be) tremendously successful.  For many years,  I've been a friend, coach, and mentor to him in the building of his operation and I'm proud to see how much he's accomplished.  Among the many things they do for their clients, the firm holds several seminars each year to expose clients to new ideas and the latest thinking on a variety of relevant topics.  My friend asked if I'd be willing to come down and present a program to his clients.  Of course, I agreed.
     The program was an offshoot of the CEO workshops I conduct on building a high performance culture.  While I would typically charge a fair amount for these types of talks, I did this one "gratis" (well, to be fair, there was some golf thrown in there too!).  In any case, it was a pleasure to be able to use my knowledge and skills to continue to benefit my friend, his organization, and their clients.  If I inspired even just a few more companies and gave them new tools to help them build first-rate, high performance cultures, then the time I gave was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment