Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Friday, December 7, 2012

Welcoming a New Baby

     This one should really be under my wife Catherine's name, or at the very least, she gets a significant assist!  I'm working with a client who told me yesterday that his world was turned upside down last week.  It seems that his wife was pregnant with their 3rd child, and she was unexpectedly rushed to the hospital where she gave birth to a new baby at 27 weeks.  Though the baby will likely be in a neonatal ICU till February, both the mother and baby appear to be doing well.  
     I checked with my client's executive assistant and got his wife's name and their home address.  Catherine went out this evening and picked up a stash of her favorite baby books that I can send off with a nice card.  I'm sure this is a trying time for the whole family, but hopefully a gift box from us will bring a smile to their faces and hours of future enjoyment as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment