Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Sunday, December 2, 2012

Going First Class

     One of the benefits of my recent active travel schedule is that I accumulate lots of frequent flier miles, and since I'm usually traveling from Philadelphia, which is a US Air hub, I'm almost always on US Air.  My frequent flier status with them also qualifies me for frequent upgrades to first class.  On my recent trip to Birmingham and Atlanta, in fact, I was upgraded to first class both ways.  
     At the tail end of this trip, my wife joined me in Atlanta where we spent time with some good friends over the weekend (and yes, I even went to the SEC Championship game - Roll Tide!).  Though we were flying home on the same flight today, I had been upgraded to first class while she was flying coach.  Since she's rarely gets to enjoy this type of perk, and even more rarely treats herself to such niceties, I insisted that she trade with me and take my first class seat.  She had a comfortable ride home and was able to enjoy the more spacious seat, the free drinks, and the snacks.
     As I've noted in other blog posts, I mostly have been focusing my acts of kindness this year outside my immediate family, but that doesn't mean I have to pass up a great opportunity to be kind to those who are closest to me.  It was a pleasure to let her experience first class service today.

No comments:

Post a Comment