Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Chick-Fil-A Smiles

     As my son Ben and I returned to my in-laws' gated neighborhood this morning (after a great run in a local park!), we had to go to the security guardhouse to get the "token" that's used for entry.  I figured it was as good a time as any to begin our day with an act of kindness.  When the woman reached out to hand me the token, I asked her if she liked Chick-Fil-A.  With a smile, she said that she definitely did and so I gave her a Chick-Fil-A gift card.  That definitely brought an even bigger smile.
     Later in the day we were walking through Colonial Williamsburg when a tourist couple asked if we knew where they could get the CW bus back to the Visitors' Center.  I was able to easily give them the directions they needed.  When I was in school here, this used to happen a lot, and of course, I rarely seemed to have the answers back then.  It's nice to be able to help now!

No comments:

Post a Comment