Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Saturday, August 4, 2012

Never Too Much Peanut Butter

     Today was my day to send another care package to my adopted soldier in Afghanistan.  Just a little over 2 months until he comes home (he's from Kentucky), and I'm sure he's counting the days.  I know that he really loves peanut butter and claims that you can never have too much of it, so I keep sending him jars!  I also sent him some powdered drink mixes and a variety of snacks to enjoy.  
     While I don't have any penetrating insights to share, as I've sent him multiple packages throughout the year, I continue to enjoy supporting him and I know how much it means to our troops to receive packages from home.  Whether you've adopted a soldier or not, you can still send a package to a unit.  There are a number of different websites that facilitate doing this, Soldiers' Angels being just one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment