Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Friday, August 31, 2012

Last Care Package

     Well, today I sent my last care package to my adopted soldier in Afghanistan.  The reason it's his last is because, thankfully, he's heading home in just 4 or 5 weeks!  I know he's eager to get back to his home in Kentucky and prepare for his December wedding.  He has lots to look forward to.
     I did a little grocery shopping for him and I filled a pretty good size box with lots of different snacks including, of course, more peanut butter.  It felt a little strange thinking this is the last time I'll do this for him.  I haven't yet decided whether I'll adopt another soldier when he gets home.  Of course, I can still send care packages to our soldiers overseas even without specifically "adopting" any of them so I may just do that for awhile. 
     You always hear stories about how much our support from home means to our troops serving around the world and I'm glad to have been a part of that support. I can also say that if most of our troops are anything like my adopted soldier, I'm proud of the job they do representing (and protecting) our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment