Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Wednesday, August 8, 2012

More Grains of Rice

     Tonight, sitting in a hotel on my computer, I was able to help feed the hungry.  How?  Pretty easy, actually.  I simply went to Freerice.com and spent some time challenging myself in a variety of subjects.
     I've written about this site before.  It's a non-profit site that's owned by and supports the United Nations World Food Program.  Sponsors, in the form of advertisers, donate money to buy grains of rice based on activity on the site.  The site has 8 different subject areas, each with several sub-categories.  In each area, there are tons of questions in multiple levels of difficulty.  You challenge yourself to answer as many questions correctly as you can.  For each correct answer, 10 grains of rice is donated to the program.  Tonight, I donated 1500 grains of rice, and learned some things at the same time.  Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment