Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Friday, August 10, 2012

Another Personal Note

     Continuing yesterday's theme of handwritten notes, today I sent a note to someone I know who just dropped off her only child to college for the first time.  I sure remember how I dreaded that day, and how difficult it was.  I actually cried enough when we dropped off Ben that my wife had to take over the driving!  To make matters more difficult for the person to whom I wrote, this was also her only child.  
     In difficult times it's nice to know you have the support of friends and family and a handwritten note conveys that support in ways that other means don't necessarily do.

No comments:

Post a Comment