Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Friday, August 17, 2012

A Thank You Book

     One of my favorite gifts to send people is a book, especially when I have a book that I know a particular person will really enjoy or get value from.  Sometimes I like to do this anonymously, but other times I send it with a personal note when it relates to a particular conversation we may have had.  Today's act of kindness fit into the latter category.
     I was staying with a friend of mine recently and we had many conversations about his business.  I mentioned to him a specific book that I knew would be perfect for him.  Though he might eventually get around to checking it out, I figured it would be faster for me to just buy him a copy and send it to him (or order through Amazon).  I ordered it today and had it shipped with a note so that he'll have it next week.
     Gifts like these really let people know that you're thinking about them because they're so targeted to a specific need or conversation.  I know my friend will love this book, so I'm eager for him to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment