Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Sunday, August 19, 2012

Making Another Loan

     Tonight my daughter and I decided to get back into the banking business.  I've talked about the website Kiva.org before.  This is a site that facilitates the making of "microloans" to people all over the world, particularly in third world developing nations.  I have already partipated in 4 loans and all are beginning to make repayments.  Tonight we used those repayments plus some new money to contribute toward a loan for a woman in Nicaragua who is looking to expand her small business selling fruits and vegetables.  
     This is one of the coolest sites I've seen.  How amazing is it that sitting in my living room at home I can make loans to help others around the world gain greater self-sufficiency?

No comments:

Post a Comment