Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Back to the Airport

     I was back to the airport this evening, but this time I wasn't going anywhere.  I was picking up Ben and Hannah as they flew home from Alabama and Virginia for the Thanksgiving weekend.  As I was about to enter the F terminal, I saw a woman standing by the curb and in an instant her luggage toppled to the ground and a bunch of things spilled out.  Without a moment's hesitation, I stooped down and helped her out.  
     This wasn't any big deal, and is something probably most people would do in the same situation.  And that's good.  My goal isn't necessarily to always find something extraordinary to do.  Rather it's simply to practice kindness, in whatever form or way it may appear on any given day.  And by virtue of this practice, make it more of an instinctual response or habit.  Today was another step in solidifying that habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment