Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Monday, November 12, 2012

Amazon Again

     I love Amazon!  Not only have they made it so easy to buy virtually anything, but they've made it so fast and easy to send gifts to people.  One of my very favorite things is to share books that I find either inspirational, fascinating, or enlightening in some important way.  Recently, one of my consulting clients recommended one of his own favorite books.  While I was on an airplane today, I finally got the chance to dive into it.  It was truly fascinating and I immediately began thinking of all the people I know who would really enjoy reading it.  Within hours of landing, I had gone to Amazon and had sent the book to one of those people as a gift.  I know he'll love it.
     Some people lament this age of "instant gratification" where people expect whatever they want immediately.  I get that.  On the other hand, I like to work with a sense of urgency.  If I get a good idea, I want to move on it right away. (My own book took me only 6 weeks to write partly because I didn't have the patience to wait!).  I think it's mostly a good thing to have a sense of urgency.  And Amazon makes it easier than ever for me to operate that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment