Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sharing Knowledge

     I had an email from a friend this evening asking for my assistance.  It seems that someone close to him has written a book and has no idea about the publishing process.  Knowing that I had been through that experience, he asked if I would be willing to meet with her to share what I had learned and give her some direction.  Of course, I quickly responded that I would, and we're coordinating schedules to do so.
     I love these kind of sharing opportunities.  There's no better way to learn than to gain from the experience of others.  I enjoy picking the brains of people who've done things I haven't, and I'm always happy to do the same for others.  It's amazing how many mistakes we can avoid when we can tap into what others have already experienced.  To me, this is also one of the great aspects of "networking."  It's fun to realize that within my network of contacts, there's a way to learn or to accomplish almost anything one can think of.  Of course, this is predicated upon everyone's mutual desire to help each other.  It's kindness magnified many times . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment