Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Friday, September 28, 2012

Eagles' Fans Everywhere

     I was in Williamsburg today visiting my daughter Hannah for parents weekend at William & Mary.  My parents-in-law also live in Williamsburg so we all went out to dinner at a nice restaurant overlooking the James River.  Our waitress, Shauna, was particularly friendly, asking if it was a special occasion and where we were from.  When we told her, she immediately wanted to know if we were Eagles' fans!  That led to a long conversation in which we learned that she was from Philadelphia and was a huge fan.  We also learned that she is recently married, had been a journalism major, and is now back in school to be a nurse.
     Shauna took great care of us throughout the meal and provided particularly personal and friendly service.  When it came time to pay the bill, I left her a larger than usual tip, and I wrote her a note thanking her for the excellent service.  I also enclosed a Starbucks gift card for good measure, and of course, I wrote "GO EAGLES!" on her copy of the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment