Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Saturday, July 21, 2012

Writing to Sick Children

     It's been quite awhile since I've written a card or e-mail to a sick child, so I thought that might be a good activity for today.  There's a great site called Post Pals that I've used for this purpose in the past.  It's based in England, and provides the names, details, and histories of ill children for whom a card, gift, or e-mail can mean the world.
     Tonight I sent an e-mail to a 12-year old boy who suffers from cerebral palsy, among a number of other serious conditions.  The site provides information about his interests so I was able to make my note personal and specific to him.  I can imagine the positive impact it must have for these children to know that people around the world are thinking of them.  If you have the time or inclination, it's worth checking out the site and writing a note or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment