Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Little Free Advice

     I've mentioned a couple of times on this site a website, Sparked.com, where non-profit organizations post requests for help and various people can offer their assistance.  Most of the help is in the form of using your talents to assist them - it's not a place where they're soliciting donations.  Occasionally I get an e-mail from Sparked notifying me of a new "challenge" that's been posted that might fit my skills.  Today I responded to one of those.
     The non-profit, Puente Learning Center, is a pretty cool organization in Los Angeles that is trying to make a difference in some tough neighborhoods through education.  They seem to have some amazing programs that have already had a big impact.  Anyway, the help they were requesting was for some people to look at their website and identify at least 5 ways that it could be improved.  While I think the site is pretty darn good, there are always things that could be better and so I submitted a list of suggestions.  In addition to me, there have already been a handful of others who've posted suggestions as well.
     Sparked is just another one of the many great sites out there that bring people from literally all over the world together to help each other.  Cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment