Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Note of Thanks

     Lately I've been doing quite a bit of traveling in conjunction with a workshop I do for CEO's around the country helping them learn how to develop high performance teams through building a powerful organizational culture.  Most of these talks are arranged through a great organization called Vistage (I've mentioned them in previous blogs).  Vistage has a travel department that coordinates and books all the air, hotels, and rental cars that are necessary to get me (and other speakers) to the various locations where I'm requested to present.  
     There are two women who work in the travel department, Lisa and Anca.  Both have been incredibly helpful, friendly, accommodating, and easy to work with.  They're always cheerful and are more than happy to make any changes that may be necessary as plans inevitably get switched around.  I'm guessing they don't often get the acknowledgment they deserve, so tonight I decided to send them a personal note letting them know how much I appreciate working with them.  
    I'm not always as good as I could be at remembering to acknowledge those who do great work, but I'm working on it.  Tonight was a step in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment