Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Book As A Gift

     This afternoon my wife told me that she had recently bumped into a craftsman we know who had worked on our house.  He's a great guy, and a true professional in an industry that isn't always known for professionalism.  In fact, he's building a pretty impressive company with a strong culture.  He mentioned to my wife that he's been really wanting to read my book but hasn't gotten around to ordering a copy of it.
     When I see situations like these, where I know someone will truly get significant value from it, I like to send out a signed copy of my book as a personal gift.  Of course, I don't just sign it; I inscribe it with a personal note that I think will be meaningful to the individual.  Today I went ahead and sent one to this man.  I'm confident that he'll not just enjoy it, but will put the book's lessons to good use as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment