Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Saturday, June 9, 2012

Letter Writing Time

     Today proved to be a good day to take time to write to my adopted soldier/friend in Afghanistan.  Regular readers of my blog may remember some of my early posts when I expressed some frustration about the challenges of writing to my soldier when I hadn't yet heard anything back from him.  It was like carrying on a one-way conversation and it became difficult to think of what to say.  
     Now, though, we've exchanged many e-mails, including family pictures, and I feel like we've built a nice relationship.  This makes it so much easier to think of things to talk about, and it certainly makes it more rewarding for me.  I know he's getting my messages, I can write things of interest to him, and I know that receiving mail (physical and electronic) is truly important to him.  I look forward to the chance to finally meet him in person when his deployment is up in October.  

No comments:

Post a Comment