Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Gifting Another Book

     When I was on the cruise with my sister at the end of April, we met a very nice couple from the Washington DC area and we spent considerable time with them throughout our trip.  One half of the couple, a man named Mike, had his own construction company building houses and doing high-end custom remodeling.  As we got to know each other, I realized that many of the principles discussed in my book, Fundamentally Different, would be useful for him, so I decided to send him a copy as a gift.
     The problem was that I didn't get his home (or work) address and so I had to rely on his girlfriend to get it to me.  This took some time, but last week, I finally got the address.  This morning, I penned a personal note inside the book and mailed it off to him. 
    I love when I get the opportunity to share my book with someone for whom I know it will resonate and will have a big impact.  I believe that Mike is one of those people.  It's my pleasure to share with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment