Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Friday, April 20, 2012

A Gift for a Friend

     When I was working out at the gym this morning I saw a friend of mine who I hadn't seen in awhile.  She mentioned to me that she still has to read my book, and then jokingly added that she was waiting for her free copy.  Then she quickly noted that she was only kidding and that she intends to buy a copy.  Since I usually have an ample supply of my books and CDs at my house, I decided I would deliver one to her as a gift today.
     I inscribed a personal note on the inside cover of the book, and when I was out doing some errands this afternoon I swung by her office to drop off the gift.  Though she wasn't in when I stopped by, I was able to leave it with her assistant to deliver.
     While I obviously can't always give free books to everyone, I candidly make so little on book royalties that I'm much more interested in people reading, enjoying, and benefiting from my book than I am interested in the money.  Hopefully she'll enjoy it as much as everyone else has and, like others, want to get copies for others she thinks could benefit from it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment