Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Saturday, April 21, 2012

Amateur Photographer

     This morning I was in Philadelphia to run a 5k race.  As I went through my warmup and then returned to my car, there were lots of people milling around getting themselves ready.  Next to my car was what appeared to be a large family all set to do the run.  Seeing that they were taking pictures to commemorate the event, I offered to take one so that they could all get in the same picture.
     When the race was over and I was making my way back to my car once again, I saw a tourist couple trying to find just the right place to get a picture in front of one of the statues near the Philadelphia Art Museum.  I asked them if they'd like me to get a picture of the two of them.  In broken English, they thanked me and showed me which button to press on their camera.
     In most families, it seems like there's always one person who takes most of the pictures, and as a result, they're not actually in very many pictures.  In any tourist area or even any special event, you can usually spot who the regular photographer is in each group.  It's such a simple, and yet appreciated, favor to offer to take that group shot so that everyone can be included in the memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment