Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Letter (e-mail) Writing Day

     Today has been a busy day speaking and traveling.  However, I did get a chance to write my weekly letter to my soldier/friend in Afghanistan.  While I'm still sending some snail mail for making sure he has the experience of receiving mail, we're also doing more correspondence via e-mail.  It certainly gives us each a lot faster feedback.  It's been such a pleasure to now be in a regular conversation with him about all kinds of topics - school, sports, family, the army, etc.  Next week I'll be doing my next care package to him and I have some more specific thoughts about things that he might appreciate.

A point of explanation:  For those who are "subscribers" to my blog, meaning that you get a daily e-mail with the text of my post, you no doubt have noticed that there have been occasional days where you haven't gotten an e-mail or a few times where you've gotten an e-mail with 2 posts.  I thought I might briefly explain why that is:  Each night around 9:00 EST, the feed burner system sends out an e-mail to all subscribers with any updates to my blog since the previous night.  If I haven't yet had the opportunity to write my post by that time, then nothing gets sent out.  Then the next night, it sends out anything new, which would include 2 posts.  You can always see the day's story as soon as I write it by going to the actual blog site itself:   www.intentionalactsofkindness.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment