Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Friday, March 9, 2012

Caring Cards

     As you may have noticed by some of my recent posts, I've been fascinated by the power of the internet to connect people who would otherwise never have known about each other.  Generous and creative people have set up tons of websites that allow us to help each other in so many different ways.  Today I found another great site devoted to making the lives of children struggling with illness a little bit brighter through receiving cards and e-mails.  
     The site is called Hugs and Hope for Sick Children.  If you go to the link you can read all about it.  It's a pretty amazing organization started by one woman in the Chicago area.  Like I had done with another site recently, I chose a child and sent him a handwritten note.  He's a 10-year old little boy who suffers from muscular dystrophy.  The site tells me enough about his interests that I could make the note personal.  Hopefully my card will make him smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment