Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Monday, March 12, 2012

Another Internet Kindness

     Well, hopefully this will be my last day for awhile where I'm stuck doing kindness through the internet rather than being out on the street interacting with real live people!  My back is improving, though still pretty sore, so I was still homebound today.  
     Another site I was turned on to by a friend is called Freerice.com.  It's a pretty interesting concept.  When you log into the site, you choose a category of questions and a level of difficulty.  The site then asks you a series of multiple choice questions.  For each one you answer correctly, 10 grains of rice are donated through the UN World Food Programme.  The rice is paid for by sponsors of the website.  So basically, you get to play a game, test and increase your knowledge, and help reduce world hunger all at the same time.  Not a bad combo.
      I spent some time today answering enough questions to donate 1000 grains of rice.  It's a pretty simple concept that anyone can easily do to make a difference.  I'd encourage you to check it out.
     Stay tuned as tomorrow I hope to be back on the street!

No comments:

Post a Comment