Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Thursday, March 22, 2012

It's a Small World

       Today was another of those days where I used my computer to help someone out overseas.  I've mentioned previously the site called Sparked.  It's a site that connects non-profit organizations who need some kind of assistance with people all over the world who are willing to share their skills.  I went to the site this evening and looked through the "challenges" that were identified because they met my skill set and interests, and I chose to help out an organization based in London.
     This organization puts on different types of workshops and then uses the money they make to fund a variety of programs that support youth in London.  They had created a new website for their offerings and wanted feedback.  So far 5 other people have responded, each providing some pretty useful insights and suggestions.  I went through the all the pages on the site and made notes about a variety of issues and then provided my feedback through the Sparked site.  
     It once again amazes me to see how people from all over the world can provide meaningful help to each other while never meeting or even knowing one another.  Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment