Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
- Leo Buscaglia


Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Surprise Gifts

     In the last couple of days, I was involved in two different conversations in which I saw a great opportunity to surprise someone with a useful gift.  In the first conversation, I was on the phone with a friend and he was telling me about an author that he particularly liked.  This author is also great with a live audience, though my friend had never seen him.  When our call was done, I went to Amazon and was able to find a DVD of one of this author's live performances.  A few clicks later, and the DVD was on its way to my friend.
     Around the same time, I was talking with another person I know and I mentioned a product that I knew she would absolutely love and get a ton of use from.  It's not overly expensive, but is really great.  Once again, I was able to find what I was looking for on Amazon and have it sent to her as a surprise.  
     These are fun things to do.  They demonstrate to the recipients both that you're listening and that you care.  And with the internet, it's easier than ever to act upon the impulse to give. Particularly if it's not expensive, there's really no good excuse for not making the effort to be generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment